There’s nothing quite like a delicious hot chocolate after coming inside from a cold winter day spent outdoors.
Mexican "Hot" Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
In the spirit of the season, we wanted to share one of our favorite new recipes, a smoothie version of traditional Mexican hot chocolate.
Combining the flavors of chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon, and chilis, with our Cacao SuperSmoothie, this won’t warm you up on a cold morning, but it will surely brighten and heat up your morning.
Tip: Chocolate, in drink form originally, dates back to the Mayans and Aztecs who anthropologists believe were the first to discover the deliciousness cacao tree beans.
Because it was a bit bitter, they combined the concoction with other locally grown flavors like cinnamon, vanilla, and chiles.
- 1 SmoothieBox Cacao Super Smoothie packet
- 1 collagen pouch
- 8-12 oz. of vanilla almond milk
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1-2 Tbsp of almond butter
- Cacao nibs to top
- Add frozen SmoothieBox packet and collagen to blender.
- Pour in the vanilla almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Add the cayenne, cinnamon, and almond butter.
- Blend, top with cacao nibs, and enjoy.
HEY! NICE TO MEET YOU!
Emily is the Director of Member Experience at SmoothieBox and loves creating new recipes to share with our smoothie community. She gets help and ideas from her two toddlers, especially if it involves our Green Super Smoothie. In her spare time she can be found outside with family.