Here’s a Super Smoothie fit for a king — or more specifically, The King himself.
Elvis Smoothie Recipe
This Elvis Smoothie is made with a bit of added almond milk, peanut butter, and bacon.
You might be saying to yourself, “Hold on their little darlin’…what does Elvis have to do with a quick breakfast smoothie?”
Well, hold onto your blue suede shoes, because you are in for a culinary surprise.
According to lore and his former cooks, one of Elvis’s favorite food concoctions was the PBBB sandwich.
So what is, exactly, what has been dubbed the greatest celebrity food recipe?
Quite simply: Peanut butter, banana, and bacon.
This treat is an easy and nutritious breakfast using our Cacao Super Smoothie as a base — which includes banana as well as cacao nibs and powder, kale, sunflower seeds, and collagen protein.
Just add peanut butter, a healthy liquid, and bacon, and we’ll bet you can’t help falling in love with this treat.
And while this decadent treat may pack on the pounds, we are happy to share our healthier take on Elvis’s contribution to gastronomical history with a smoothie garnished with some ButcherBox bacon.
Tip: For a quick, easy recipe to get crispy bacon every time, check out this video from ButcherBox Head Chef Yankel Polak.
- 1 SmoothieBox Cacao Super Smoothie packet
- 1 SmoothieBox collagen packet
- 6-8oz of vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter
- ButcherBox bacon
- Cook bacon on a cooking sheet by preheating oven to 375°F, covering sheet pan with parchment paper or foil, and laying bacon on top.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then flip bacon and cook for 4-5 min, or until almost crispy.
- Remove from pan. Let rest on paper towel to become crispy.
- Add frozen SmoothieBox Cacao packet and collagen to blender.
- Pour in vanilla almond butter as a liquid base.
- Add peanut butter.
- Top with crushed up or whole bacon and enjoy!
If you need some inspiration while blending this delicious smoothie, here’s something to dance to. Try to keep up.
HEY! NICE TO MEET YOU!
Emily is the Director of Member Experience at SmoothieBox and loves creating new recipes to share with our smoothie community. She gets help and ideas from her two toddlers, especially if it involves our Green Super Smoothie. In her spare time she can be found outside with family.