A featured recipe from Torrie at The Vegan Housewife, this quick and easy recipe adds a touch of sweetness from date syrup and is given a little crunch with granola!
The Benefits of Date Syrup
Adding a little bit of date syrup gives this smoothie just a touch of sweetness without adding refined sugar. Date syrup also contains potassium, magnesium, and calcium, plus beneficial antioxidants that make it the perfect natural sweetener if you're looking to sweeten things up a bit. It's one of the many ways you can sweeten your smoothie in a healthy way.
- 1 Clementine Super Smoothie Pouch
- 1 Cup of orange juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon date syrup
- 2 Tablespoons granola
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. Depending on you enjoy your smoothie, you may find adding more or less liquid is required to suite your tastes.
- Pour blended smoothie into your SmoothieBox insulated tumbler, or your favorite cup will do, too.
- Top with a handful of extra granola not only for some extra crunch, but for some extra fiber and protein as well. Health tip: Look for granola that is low in sugar.
Smoothie Topping Ideas
Toppings are a great way to change your smoothie up and give it a fresh new taste each day! We like to keep a few pantry stable items on hand to make switching things up easy. Try these toppings.
- Shredded Coconut
Coconut is high in manganese, copper, and insoluble fiber.
- Flax Seeds
Flax seeds are an excellent source of fiber and omega-3 fats. Read more about super seeds for smoothies »
- Fresh Fruit
Most fruits are high in dietary fiber, vitamin C, and folate.
Save & Share
HEY! NICE TO MEET YOU!
Emily is the Director of Member Experience at SmoothieBox and loves creating new recipes to share with our smoothie community. She gets help and ideas from her two toddlers, especially if it involves our Green Super Smoothie. In her spare time she can be found outside with family.