Don't you love the classic chocolate and peanut butter flavor combination!? When you think of peanut butter and chocolate, you might only think of sugar-packed peanut butter cups. You can still maintain your goals and enjoy the delicious peanut butter and chocolate with SmoothieBox's Cacao Super Smoothie!
Health Benefits of Cacao in a Smoothie
Cacao powder is packed full of magnesium, iron, and flavonoids that can help lower blood pressure and improve HDL (good cholesterol) numbers. Cacao is a critical ingredient in SmoothieBox's Cacao Super Smoothie, which tastes like "…a chocolate-covered banana" when blended with water or milk.
Health Benefits of Peanut Butter in a Smoothie
Peanuts contain some fiber and are a good source of potassium. They also have a saturated to an unsaturated fat ratio that is almost as healthy as olive oil. Peanut butter is a healthy and delicious source of protein when made without added sugar or oil. With 4 grams of protein per tablespoon, adding peanut butter to your smoothie supports your muscles and can help you feel fuller longer.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
- 1 SmoothieBox Cacao Super Smoothie pouch
- 2 Heaping tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 ½ Cups of coconut milk
- 1 Teaspoon of raw, unfiltered honey
- 1 Ounce of dark chocolate (optional)
- Blend one SmoothieBox Cacao Super Smoothie pouch with coconut milk, peanut butter, and honey until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the smoothie into your favorite cup.
- Drizzle peanut butter over the top and garnish your smoothie with strawberry slices (optional).
- Grate one ounce of dark chocolate over the top (optional).
Add the honey to your blender last and add it to the middle of the ingredients. If the honey touches the mixer's side, it tends to stick to the walls and take longer to mix into your smoothie.
Mento, Francesca. ( 2018, March 29). The Benefits Of Cacao Powder is Trending – Here's Why. Women's Health Magazine.
Willett, M.D., Walter C. (2019, July 30). Ask the doctor: Why is peanut butter "healthy" if it has saturated fat? Harvard Health Publishing.
HEY! NICE TO MEET YOU!
Chelsea is a Social Media Manager at SmoothieBox and loves to help others adopt healthier habits. A daily smoothie has helped Chelsea lower her glucose levels and feel better. Chelsea spends her free time beekeeping and making memories with family.