Want to surprise a special — nutrition-minded — someone with a chocolate-strawberry Valentine’s Day treat?
Try this simple recipe for a delicious “Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie Bowl.”
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie Bowl Recipe
It’s perfect for breakfast, a midday snack, or even dessert.
The strawberries are rich in antioxidants and the cashews/almonds contain unsaturated fats and minerals that promote heart health.
Tip: Why are strawberries associated with love?
In Greek mythology, the fruit was associated with the Goddess of Love, Venus, due to its red color and shaping similar to a heart.
Additionally, legend has it that if two members of the opposite sex break a double strawberry in half and share it, they are destined to fall in love.
- 1 SmoothieBox Cacao Super Smoothie packet
- 1 collagen pouch
- 6 oz. almond or cashew milk
- ½ cup frozen or fresh strawberries
- 2 sliced strawberries
- Shredded coconut flakes
- A handful of almonds or cashews
- Add frozen SmoothieBox Cacao packet and collagen to blender.
- Pour in almond or cashew milk.
- Add in the frozen or fresh strawberries.
- Blend and top with strawberry slices, coconut flakes, and almonds or cashews. Note, this will be a bit thicker than your regular SmoothieBox Super Smoothie.
HEY! NICE TO MEET YOU!
Emily is the Director of Member Experience at SmoothieBox and loves creating new recipes to share with our smoothie community. She gets help and ideas from her two toddlers, especially if it involves our Green Super Smoothie. In her spare time she can be found outside with family.