We have to admit, every now and then, we get a bit of a sweet tooth.
Candy Cane Smoothie Recipe
One of our favorite flavors that are particularly tempting this time of year is peppermint.
It is a real challenge to pass up a candy cane - especially as they seem to be everywhere you turn right now!
And although adding some sweet flavors isn’t the best way to maintain optimal health and good eating habits over the food-intensive holidays, we think a sweet treat every now and then won’t hurt.
Also, if you really want to leave them out, you can make this smoothie without the candy cane bits…but why would you do that?
Tip: To get quality candy cane bits without smashing said canes into a fine red and white powder, freeze the candy canes prior to breaking them up.
At least that’s what seems to be the best way to avoid totally pulverized candy canes.
- 1 SmoothieBox Cacao smoothie packet
- 1 collagen pouch
- 8 oz. vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- Mint leaves
- Coconut flakes
- Crushed candy cane (Optional…but why would you leave these out?)
- Add frozen SmoothieBox packet and collagen to blender.
- Pour in cashew milk and peppermint extract.
- Add a few mint leaves.
- Blend and top with coconut flakes and crushed candy cane, if you want a perfect holiday treat.
- Enjoy and try not to smile.
HEY! NICE TO MEET YOU!
Emily is the Director of Member Experience at SmoothieBox and loves creating new recipes to share with our smoothie community. She gets help and ideas from her two toddlers, especially if it involves our Green Super Smoothie. In her spare time she can be found outside with family.